The Cowgirl Fit Road Map To Success!
Start Strong and Stay the Course!
It’s a Green Light, which means to GO!! Don’t let anything get in your way on your road to a healthier lifestyle!
Here are a few things that you need to do on your journey:
- Login to www.cowgirlfit.com and get to know how it works.
- Join a Challenge! The 12 Week Challenge is the big one we offer each year. If you have come in too late for the challenge, you can still follow along, but you would not be able to win prizes, but you can lose weight and become fit! There are other smaller challenges that will keep you motivated. Just click on the Challenge link and print off some of the shorter challenges and hang it on your wall or frig for easy access!
- Read and Study the Cowgirl Fit Planner that we provide. It is in our Library section. It is in PDF format so you can easily view it digitally or print if off.
- Clean Out your Pantry and Frig. Stock them full of healthy and appropriate foods. I have provided some lists of meal and snack ideas, but you can include your own choices. I am not a Dietitian, I am a Certified Health Coach and am just giving examples of what helped me. I would advise getting a Physician’s exam before starting any fitness program.
- Download the My Fitness Pal App. First of all it’s FREE and best of all it works! This is a great way to keep track of the calories, fat, carbs that you eat each day. You can enter goals in both eating and exercise and it will keep track! It will also let you know how many calories you have burned and more! Many may have smart watches or a Fitbit. That is great, use whatever you would like to use!
- Print Off Planner Sheets I would suggest printing off the Planning Sheet and Workout Calendar that we provide in the library. When you write down your goals and achievements, it’s easier to stick with it!
- Keep Moving! Make sure you are staying active! We would like to see you work up to at least 10,000 steps a day and also include weights, cardio and more. The more you move the faster it will come off. But make sure you listen to your body. You also don’t want to overdue it, as that can cause injury which will delay all of your goals! Use your own discretion, but we would like to see you eventually work up to 60 minutes of exercise a day.
- Plan Out Your Meals Write down your grocery list and pre-plan and even pre-prep your meals. Especially if you work. The weekend is a great time to plan out your meals, get the groceries and even cook them and store them in containers for easy access throughout the week.
- Use The Cowgirl Fit Community! Login and use all of the tools and helps that we offer. Make sure you join our groups. There is something about reporting in that keeps you accountable. Report into our groups and find tips and helps along the way. Also add friends! With the groups and friendships you will find, this will not only keep you accountable, but stay motivated!
- Have Fun! Lastly enjoy the ride! We have had so many women meet lifetime friendships in our challenges and community. It’s a great way to start a trail riding group for your area in our community, or your own small accountability group. You can create your own groups in our community and make it more personal. We try and implement getting fit with your horse as well, so not only are you gaining new friendships in our community, but tightening that relationship you also have with your horse!